View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #10
DevineMissM
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie's Mom
Does anybody know how long it takes to start showing signs of this illness? I am feeding both my dogs Chicken Soup that was bought I think in September. I do not have the bags because I bought the large bags and put it in a plastic container. Neither of my dogs show any signs of illness and I still have a lot of the food left. Any suggestions?
PLEASE do be safe. IMHO you should do the safe thing for your animals uh pets and throw the food out. If you do not have the bag containing the lot number or dates number I would not take a chance if it were my dogs. This toxin is lethal! It takes several days for the toxin to damage the liver...by then it is usually too late to save the dog. I'm not meaning to scare you just to ask you err on the side of caution.
The Univ of PA or Cornell (not sure which one) has developed a blood test for this toxin within the last couple of weeks. If anyone has a sick animal it might be prudent to ask your vet about this test.
Oh and let me tell ya.....way more than 76 dogs have died. Notice they said dogs turned into the FDA. There are scores of clinics in several states who have been fighting to save animals who have eaten this food over the last month. It is not pretty.

Last edited by DevineMissM; 01-11-2006 at 10:07 AM.
DevineMissM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!