View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #55
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

I have a bunch of various shoe brands my Chanel boots came with a certification certificate stating it.
I noticed not all Chanels do so it's kind of scarey huh?
Italian made Gucci is-read their PR statements.I think Tom Ford has maintained the mantra of resposnsibility in 'craft'smanship'
Chloe used to to be.
Quite a few Italian made brands do because of their dynamic there:traditions, etc
It has more to do with what leather supplier they got them from-the slaughter houses themselves.

ATM I'm wearing some no name brand thongs on my feet so yeah, I honestly haven't bought leather goods in years since child #2 designer good were out...so I'm going off of info from then. I'll check on it and post when I have more...best thing to do is go to the shop you buy it at and get the seasonal handouts label's send to vendors (boutiques).

A few research sites:
What kind of leather does Gucci use?? - PurseForum
Made in Italy | The Iconic Gucci Loafer | A Continuous Lean.

Today, Gucci’s Made In Italy production coupled with a strong social responsibility towards its employees ensures that 100% of its leather goods, shoes and ready to wear are still produced in its Florence workshops, employing over 45,000 people in Italy alone, in addition to Gucci’s own employees. This handcrafted legacy passed down through generations of artisan families, continues to be an immense source of pride for Gucci and has made a huge contribution to its position as a worldwide leader in the luxury business.
Above from:
Gucci - made in italy
Actually friends of mine have toured their facilities in Florence It.

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!