View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
I've been home cooking for my dogs for over 50 years. Dogs ate "real" food before dog food was invented, and back then, they had a lot longer life span. Now days, our companion animals are not so lucky, and they end up with cancers and other major health problems, due in fact to over inoculating, chemicals to put on them and in them to combat insects and heart worms, and commercial foods & treats.
You keep right on feeding your baby real food. It's the safest and the most nutritious. Read these:

Chinaroad Lowchens of Australia - Ticks, fleas, bees, flies, snakes and other gremlins! And how to deal with them!

Natural Heartworm Prevention

Closer Look At A Rendering Plant
Yes but feeding balanced homecooked meals is entirely different than handing them whatever people food we happen to be munching on.

Also, people food was way healthier and way less filled with preservatives, etc, than it is now.

I do agree with you on the dog kibble thing maybe not being the best option but I think it's better than just giving them people food without proper nutrients or balancing.

Take it from someone who gave their dog everything under the sun and always had/has a pretty tough stomach. I guess one night it was just too much and he came down with pancreatitis in the hospital.... $1800 later... yeah lesson learned.

The only people foods I share with him now are cheerios, baby gerbers puffs things, plain chicken, non buttered unsalted popcorn, etc. And all in little tiny bites (even for my 16lb'er).

An easier list of items would be what they CAN have vs. what they CAN'T.

I like this list:
10 ?People? Foods for Dogs | Modern Dog magazine - the best dog magazine ever

Last edited by Britster; 10-25-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!