Thread: Pet Stores...
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #8
gidget529
Gidget & Sidney's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyyorkie101 View Post
OK, I know how you guys are against puppy mills (me to). But you guys say that Pets stores, no matter what they say.. always takes dogs from puppy mills. I dont think thats always the case.. The pet store I go to (petsmart) has puppies that they sell every Sunday, Well i wanted to find out if they really do take dogs from puppy mills. But the lady that was in charge of the adoption center said they know the breed history, what its colors should be when its an adult, age of puppy, what its size and weight should be as an adult of EVERY puppy!! She also said they never sell any puppies that are younger then 12 weeks (depending on the size, it might be older). She said that she has adopted some of the last puppies herself. Apparently she has a prebred yorkie that does competitions, and she trust the puppies they sell there enough to have already adopted THREE!!
So can you guys please know for a FACT that they take dogs from puppy mills before you say that?
Knowing what color an adult is going to break into from a puppy is not even something very experienced recognized breeders guarantee. Sizes can also vary from what the breeders' weight chart predicts.

Is there any way you can post a link to this info for us? According to my Petsmart (and their website), they hold adoptions of cats and dogs on certain days to help rehome homeless pets. Are they doing something different in your area of the country? I hope if they are working w breeders in your area, they are breeders known to them. Petsmart has done a lot of good in the area of homeless pets and we shop there bc of it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!