Thread: Pet Stores...
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #2
hnybun128
I ♥ Maci & Mojo
Donating Member

If you are talking about Petsmart, they do not sell puppies. They have rescues/shelters come in and hold adoption events. And yes, all pet stores that actually sell puppies get them from puppy mills and backyard breeders. No reputable breeder would EVER sell to a puppy mill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyyorkie101 View Post
OK, I know how you guys are against puppy mills (me to). But you guys say that Pets stores, no matter what they say.. always takes dogs from puppy mills. I dont think thats always the case.. The pet store I go to (petsmart) has puppies that they sell every Sunday, Well i wanted to find out if they really do take dogs from puppy mills. But the lady that was in charge of the adoption center said they know the breed history, what its colors should be when its an adult, age of puppy, what its size and weight should be as an adult of EVERY puppy!! She also said they never sell any puppies that are younger then 12 weeks (depending on the size, it might be older). She said that she has adopted some of the last puppies herself. Apparently she has a prebred yorkie that does competitions, and she trust the puppies they sell there enough to have already adopted THREE!!
So can you guys please know for a FACT that they take dogs from puppy mills before you say that?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!