View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #49
chachi
I Love My Yorkies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnalegria
As with anything you have to work within your budget and be a wise shopper.

When puppies are little they are all cute- well most of the time. We have seen many of those pictures posted on here by folks looking for a puppy. They will ask if this sad poor representative of the breed is a "good deal"

You as the buyer have to make those determinations. Will a puppy cost more from someone who keeps them until they are older yes- they have more shots and wormings and more TLC then a 6 week old puppy. We have the folks upset because they don't know how to take care of this puppy. Look at all the queswtions here on YT. You don't know how much to feed that puppy- how to trim the ears- what to do if a ear falls or if they just don't stand up. When you buy from a good breeder you know what to feed and how much- they go over ears, and all sorts of things that you need to know. They are there after you purchase the puppy.

Look at the threads complaining about the puppies temperment- size -coloring and poor coat. How many of these are those $1,000.00 and less puppies. There are nice puppies to be found for less then $1,000.00 but there are not as many as you might think.

It is like buying a car- with all the bells and whistles- if you want a pedigree with CHampions, full registration, after the purchase help and health warranties, older puppies, better medical care and a nice representative of the breed you are going to pay for it.
This is so true with My Chachi that I got for $600. I got an oversized ,cotton haired yorkie with serious allergies that I love very much.
chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!