View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
laci32
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnzeppi View Post
Our little boy Gatsby was attacked this evening on our regular walk. This Corgi (of all the breeds you would not think a Corgi would be dangerous) was off its leash and ran from across the street and without any barking or sniffing, just grabbed my little Gatsby in his jaws before I could do anything about it. I was shocked, and thought the stupid dog was just running over to sniff; I was really just concerned that this dog was going to be hit by a car. I had to remove its jaws from around the torso of my boy.

I could not believe a small breed could act like that, when Gatsby did not provoke anything! Gatsby is a delightful eight pound Yorkie and this Corgi that attacked him was maybe a 25 lb dog.

We took him to the ER straight away and he is there now awaiting surgery. X-rays showed that at least one of the puncture wounds could have damaged his intestines, since it looked like air was apparent in the x-ray. We are so sad about our little boy and still in shock. The initial payment for the operation was also a staggering 6K deposit/7K estimate if more aggressive treatment is necessary. We are waiting for the postoperative assessment. Just looking for thoughts and prayers from you folks and maybe some advise. I don’t like to post in this forum topic, its usually just sad and depressing, but I can see where it can help you to cope.

If the owners of the Corgi (who seemed very sorry) do not pay all medical costs I am going to take legal action, that’s for sure. Should I report this to the police now, or see if they agree to pay all the bills first? I checked the dangerous dog registry we have in northern VA and this dog was not on the list (in fact there are only 2 dogs on that list in the entire zip code). I just need thoughts and prayers that he pulls though, he is only 3 1/2 years old and a wonderful pet.
I'm terribly sorry your baby is going through this. I don't know how things work there but here I would call and make a report of it. If they give you a hard time over the cost of vet bill , you can give them a copy of the police report and copies of any vet work etc. Please keep original of everything for yourself.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!