View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #15
luvmymonkies
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
When Katie was ill...and it was for 3 days before her death. I allowed KC to be with her..when Katie ahd to go to be put down I brought her body home and allowed KC to be with her mother ..she walked around the body laying on a blanket smelling her for about 2 or 3 minutes..then she walked away.

I didn't think of this. It does make total sense. It would have given him some closure. Unfortunately, it's too late now. However, I look forward to him getting to know the puppy Maddie left us. She has quite some time to go before she's able to be around Monkey as she is only 8 days old. I'm not sure how he will take to the new little girl while he's still missing Maddie...then again, who knows...maybe he'll be better by then.

I've read that you should not introduce a canine to a newcomer until it is completely over the loss of it's loved one. He is a really sweet boy and I don't think he would ever hurt a fly, but I still want to get him neutered before they start to play together. Sometimes stud males don't like puppies and I don't want to take the chance of him hurting her. I want them to be happy together and I think the first few days/weeks are a large part in determining what kind of relationship they will have. If Monkey is mean, she will either be afraid and unhappy or she will develope a mean and defensive personality. I'm not an expert or anything. I'm just going by my own thoughts on it. Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!