View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #6
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Default loss

I have made some grieve for one of the lost ones.
My vet told me when possible, to allow a mother to see the dead pup..smell it and give her time to realize it was dead, then she will give it up more easily then having it disappear.

Same with adults. I allow them to see the dead body of a lost friend or relative. Smell it and then magically they know it is dead. They seem to accept it better then humans. I have had some look for a lost one when they did not have the chance to see it die.

I had a small girl named KC..she was only 3 pounds. She never left her mother for 9 years. When Kate went to get her teeth cleaned, KC had to go along also or she would sit by the door whining or pacing..when Kate had a new litter, KC had to stay in the bed with them or she whined non-stop. I could not take her in the car without her mother.

When Katie was ill...and it was for 3 days before her death. I allowed KC to be with her..when Katie ahd to go to be put down I brought her body home and allowed KC to be with her mother ..she walked around the body laying on a blanket smelling her for about 2 or 3 minutes..then she walked away.
She never acted the way she did in the past..she never whined or looked for her. Within a week or so she attached herself to a girl named Ashley and lived another happy 5 yrs.
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!