View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle36 View Post
Ok...that all makes sense...I was brushing/combing dry so I will get some detangling spray. Sophie is just a pet but if I am going to let her coat grow out I want it to look nice. I will probably just do longer on the bottom and shorter on top.

Is Buddy Wash and Buddy Rinse a good shampoo/conditioner? That's what I have right now.

My yorkie that passed away was a soft coat...looked like a little bear. I really wanted another soft coat but the breeder says Sophie is silky....at what age does the coat change? and could her hair still turn softer?
I like Buddy Wash shampoo, but haven't tried their conditioner. I know another member here that loves the conditioner. I stick with what works and so far the Iv San Bernard PEk conditioner can't be beat, IMO, especially for long coats. If you're going to keep her somewhat cut down I'm sure other conditioners will work fine.

If she has a silky coat, it's not going to change to a soft coat. It can take up to 2 years for the adult coat to come in completely. Even at that coats can change throughout a yorkie's life, with aging, heat cycles, etc. Although you wanted a softer coat yorkie, silk is desired by many (it's part of the standard) also, silk is much easier to care for, soft coats tangle much more easily.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!