View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default I finally feel like I have a path...

I have decided to pursue a degree in Elementary Education. It took a lot of thought but I just know it's something I want to do and I think I will be good at, and more importantly, passionate about.

I really enjoy kids. I love to see them learn. I have always been good with young children and have been around them my whole life, besides all my young siblings too (would-have-been 11, 7 1/2, and 3 1/2). I know family is different than other peoples kids, of course. But I have always been told how great I am with kids.

I know the work will be tough, and it won't be easy all the time, but I do think it will be a rewarding career and I really know it's the right path for me. I have a few friends who are just now graduating college and becoming teachers and they all have nothing but wonderful things to say about it... I also have a few friends who have been teaching for a few years who also really enjoy their job for the most part. I've talked with all of these people and I'll hopefully get first hand experience soon with some volunteering, etc!

I also would not mind moving at all, if need be, to find a good job. I feel like I am at the age where it's possible, don't have anything holding me down! Although MD does seem to have some good teaching opportunities too.

I am 42 credits in to an associates degree and will need to take the remainder in the teaching classes they offer, plus my math! And there is a community college over near my dads house that offers Higher Education learning where you can earn your Bachelors through a university's program at this community college which is awesome -- it's cheaper and more convenient this way! You can also earn your Masters as well.

Anyways I just had to share my excitement! Because I felt like I've been in a "rut" professionally and school-wise when it came to this past year but I feel like I finally have found my calling and have a path to follow! I am setting up a meeting with my counselor this week to work it all out and be sure I am taking the proper course of action! Wish me luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!