View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
RustysMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

My yorkie puppy is a 2 months old male, the previous owner gave him a couple vaccinations already so I need to follow up with the rest. Today is the 3rd day with him. The owner said he was eating Pedigree, but I have no idea which kind, and I lost contact with her. I just lost her number, but she was a great owner. Invited us to her home and my yorkie's parents are healthy and energetic.

OK, so if he is 2 months old, he is 8 weeks old? Oh my.
Much too young to go to a new home. He may even not be totally weaned....On the Pedigree, I recommend Pedigree for Puppies Chicken and Beef, canned! Yes, canned. At 8 weeks he needs a wet food in addition to kibble. Give him only about 1/4 cup, twice a day.

Always have DISTILLED water available, and buy some Science Diet Puppy for Small Breeds for kibble. He will eat that and will like it, even though it is not the best. I do not think your baby is old enough for other foods yet.

If you have only had him 3 days, he is probably homesick for his siblings and Mommy.

You are his Mommy now and he is like a little baby. The whining is for your attention. He is not old enough to adapt to your schedule....he is yet a baby..
You must gve him your attention and lots of love. He is not trying to be difficult, he is just being a baby.....

He will adapt in time, but he is not old enough yet.........
RustysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!