View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
WiL11o6
Yorkie Talker

Default New puppy owner couple questions!

Hello all,

Sorry to ask these questions but I can't seem to find answers to these since most answers are very generic on how to treat them so I'll ask them here and I'm sure it'll help other owners with the same problems.

My yorkie puppy is a 2 months old male, the previous owner gave him a couple vaccinations already so I need to follow up with the rest. Today is the 3rd day with him. The owner said he was eating Pedigree, but I have no idea which kind, and I lost contact with her. I just lost her number, but she was a great owner. Invited us to her home and my yorkie's parents are healthy and energetic.

I went ahead and got the "Wellness" brand for puppy dog food, but he is not eating it. Only when we hand feed him but I know that's not a good idea since he's going to be conditioned to be hand fed. I want to go out to buy a bag of Pedigree to mix it in, but I don't know which one. Can I just assume she bought her some sort of Pedigree Puppy mix and go with that? Would all Pedigree taste the same to him? I tried adding some warm water to the Wellness, and he doesn't eat it unless hand fed. It's not causing him digestive problems since his stool is quite firm and no diarrhea, but he's just not eating it himself. Should I just do the eat it or I take it away approach with the Wellness? Or go out and buy a bag of Pedigree? This will be Day 3 for Wellness brand.

My schedule isn't a normal 9-5 work schedule so I wake up at around 12pm and sleep at around 4am. How can we put him onto our schedule? As of now, he wakes up at around 7am and stays very energetic until near 3pm, and then starts to take many many naps throughout the rest of the day. So what happens is, I sleep at 4am and get 3 hours of sleep until he wakes up and starts whining and crying for hours on end. I ignore him most of the morning, but he just gets louder and louder. How do I change his schedule to my schedule if possible and how do I stop his whining? I have work in a couple of hours, and I haven't slept much because of his constant cry for attention.

Thanks for the help!
WiL11o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!