View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #10
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Thank you all for the kind words.......

Over the years I've seen many members on this forum posting about their pets serious illnesses or trying to cope with an unexpected loss. As sad as it was for these owners struggling to cope with their pain and fears some how I had always felt this could never happen to me and my babies. Somehow, I felt immune from such terrible things. Those things could never happen to us......And then it did.......

In reality, our pets are gifts given to us for a very short time. They bring us so much joy and provide us with such loving companionship and in return they ask for nothing. We would do anything in your power to protect and care for them. We never imagine a life without them in it. But, at some point we all will have to face some horrific decisions that we never thought we would.....to end our pets suffering......

We all must try to remember that not everything is in our control. We might like to think it is, we hope that it is, but there are times it simply isn't. It takes courage to assume this last duty and it is our last responsibility to a pet which has given us love and companionship. A far more dangerous form of selfishness is to prolong a pet's suffering simply to postpone your own. I just hope that when we all are faced with these decisions we have the strength, wisdom and selflessness to make the right choice for them and not for ourselves.....

To everyone who has lost a loved one far too soon, I wish you peace and happy thoughts when you remember your babies.....

For the moms who's babies are still here with them warming your laps.....Give all your babies plenty of belly rubs and kisses....
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!