Thread: Dental Spray?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
guliverandmaya
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemini View Post
Took Cali for her yearly vaccinations today and talked with her vet about her teeth. She just had a dental cleaning in July, no extractions, needed, but already she is getting funky breath. I try to brush about 3x a week and she is pretty good about it. I have been using PetzLife however have not been comfortable with the alcohol in it -- so I looked at LebaIII and noted that it has ethyl alcohol also.

So I had a conversation with the vet about the best spray/gel for dental care. As it turned out she (the vet) had just come back from a 3 day dental care conference. She does not like any of the products with alcohol because of the liver & kidney issues Yorkie's have. She recommended Oral Cleansing Gel by Maxi/Guard, Addison Biological Laboratory, Inc. You can only get it from a vet I think. No alcohol or any ingredients that worry me. So I will start it tomorrow - can rub it on (like the gels) or with a brush or just put it on the back teeth.

I am no expert, just did not like the alcohol stuff because of what it can do to the liver, so I am just sharing what I learned today.

If anyone else has used this I would appreciate your input -- it may be new, but not sure.
I heard and read the same thing about those products but then I am thinking - whats worse - a bit of alchohol or putting them under every year to clean their teeth?

how do you all handle the mess being left on their facial hair after brushing their teeth? its an exhausting task (that I do) but I dont think Maya like it too much! she lets me do that but she doesnt seem to happy!
guliverandmaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!