View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
AbbyMax
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Mine are 7 months and wake me up every day at 4-4:30 (they are my babies so like you I deal with it). In fairness to the pups, I am a light sleeper and tend to start tossing and turning around this time. We play until I go to work at 7. They play pretty hard and non-stop.

I take them for a nice walk in the mornings and they are usually ready for a nap by the time I leave. I have a dog sitter that comes by for an hour every day to play with them mid-day.

I recently got the small kong tennis ball and football (with squeaker). I end up throwing the balls for about an hour or two every night. They love to chase it and bring it back. Well, Abby brings it back, Max just likes to chase Abby when she gets it. Between the Kong balls and their chewy's they are usually ready for bed by 9-9:30. I recently found some hoofs and bully sticks that are odor free - they love them. I check the hoofs frequently to make sure nothing is splintering off.

Our pre-bed routine usually takes about a half an hour, so lights out be 10 most nights. Needless to say, I have really learned to enjoy my Saturday siesta's.

Hope your little guys settles down a little bit. My previous Yorkie (Poppy) was pretty active for the first two years and then she started to calm down. Once I let her sleep in my bed with me (at about 9 months old) she slept thru the night and even let me sleep in.
AbbyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!