View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Question Opinions for Wedding favors needed.

So we have a grape vine in our yard that grows TONS of Concord Grapes. You can't make wine from those types of grapes and we are never sure what to do with them.

Well my mom had this great idea to make grape jelly and can it and give them as wedding favors. So yesterday we went and got all the stuff and My mom, my fiance and I picked, cleaned, boiled down and strained about 70lbs of grapes. Crazy!!! It was soooooooo much work!!! Then we got 1/2 of the juice in a pot and added the sugar and pectin and boiled it, we canned about 67 8oz jars and the jelly did not set. So my mom was reopening all the jars today to reboil it and add more pectin to try to get them to set. We have another HUGE batch to do from scratch.

Do you think this is a good idea for wedding favors? We are going to add custom labels to the glass jars and pretty them up. My wedding date is not set yet, but it will either be March or May. If it's March, my colors will be purples and silver and if it's May my colors will be purples and yellows. The grape jelly will be this deep dark shade of purple too (ironic!).

What do you think? Do you think that is a good favor for a wedding? Homemade grape jelly from the bride & grooms own yard! Its sooooo much work but I thought it was a good idea!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!