Thread: Dental Spray?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
yorkiemini
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Took Cali for her yearly vaccinations today and talked with her vet about her teeth. She just had a dental cleaning in July, no extractions, needed, but already she is getting funky breath. I try to brush about 3x a week and she is pretty good about it. I have been using PetzLife however have not been comfortable with the alcohol in it -- so I looked at LebaIII and noted that it has ethyl alcohol also.

So I had a conversation with the vet about the best spray/gel for dental care. As it turned out she (the vet) had just come back from a 3 day dental care conference. She does not like any of the products with alcohol because of the liver & kidney issues Yorkie's have. She recommended Oral Cleansing Gel by Maxi/Guard, Addison Biological Laboratory, Inc. You can only get it from a vet I think. No alcohol or any ingredients that worry me. So I will start it tomorrow - can rub it on (like the gels) or with a brush or just put it on the back teeth.

I am no expert, just did not like the alcohol stuff because of what it can do to the liver, so I am just sharing what I learned today.

If anyone else has used this I would appreciate your input -- it may be new, but not sure.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!