View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #34
DevineMissM
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calleasto
I took my 16 week old Chester to the vet yesterday to have his third set of shots and the vet told me the exact same thing, that I shouldn't trust my breeder to have done his previous vaccinations correctly and that we should start over from scratch and treat the shots he just got as his first ones. I questioned her opinion, but went ahead and set the appointments up. Now that I'm reading this, I am definately starting to second guess my vet. I fully trust that Chester's breeder gave him his shots. She kept a record (which she sent home with me) noting the dates in which she administered them and also noting that she didn't start them until the pup was 8 weeks. I'm glad I read this post, because I was concerned about the possibility of him having a total of 5 vaccination sets. It seemed a little odd to me. Looks like I'll be switching vets...
OMG.....this makes me so angry! I could just spit! If your puppy is SIXTEEN WEEKS OLD and has had a set of immune shots by your vet.....IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE BREEDER DID OR DIDN'T DO REF. SHOTS. His next immune shot (distemper, parvo etc) should be a year from now.

I just cannot understand why the damn vets do this the these wee little puppies. That was my reason for posting my rant...I'm so happy you are armed with the correct information now. hey check out my statements (claims). Check me out...Go to the vet medical school web sites and look up immune shots. I believe Dr. Dodson has some info on her website also. And then get on the phone and call other vets in your area. I would also suggest you telephone your breeder for her feelings on this matter. Do anything but just do not over vaccinate this puppy. Please please do start looking for a new vet.

DO NOT EVER START OVER WITH IMMUNE SHOTS! There is no need. Your puppy only needs the current shots proper for his age. Please check with another vet!
DevineMissM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!