View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #9
feminvstr
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie Mum
I have had experience with a byb or two in the last few years. I say that they were out for a quick buck and They breed what they can get their hands one even from puppy mills. l
Love to try and pass as hobby breeders but have no clue what it takes to make socially adjusted babies. l
Let alone a proper place to raise the pups. You got money you got the pup. Do not let the door hit you as you leave and health guarantee is to the end of the drive way. Registration of dogs is to costly so never done even if they have dogs they can register. Would not know what a true standard Yorkie looks like as they breed what they can get and not to standard. Bloodline what is that?? willing to breed daughter to father for the money. it is alive. looks cute you can breed it. How much can I make?

Hobby Breeder is one that is learning the craft and is trying to do right by the breed and does not show as yet or is working on getting into showing.
Careful placement of pups. Maybe a first time breeder learning the craft.
Have a health guarantee and are knowledgeable or know where to look for help. May not understand blood lines but learning.
Needs a mentor.

Professional Breeder:is knowledge able stand behind what they puppies.
Is a mentor. willingly open to sharing history of breeding stock. Willing to share the faults they see in their line. understands bloodlines and can quote their line pretty much by heart. Shows so that they know they have a nice dog in standard to breed.
Places pups with extreme care.
Is a mentor

Commercial Breeder: Willing to breed anything and everything and sell to a pet store. Large facility not great for individual care of every dog and pup.
Social skills in the dogs are lacking. Where is the love of the breed or is it the love of the money one can make?

Puppy mill - H--- on earth.

JMO
Joy
Joy I am sorry but you truly have the definition wrong on the hobby breeder most show breeders are considered hobby breeders by definition
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!