View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Princess10
Banning Queen

Question Questions about parvo contamination, protection against, etc.

You might have seen my thread that my sister's pup had to be PTS due to parvo. She lives at my parent's house which is Princess's favorite destination ever. My mom also has 3 other dogs. Two of hers & Princess are UTD on all shots, Taz is getting them done today but he has had puppy & boosters I believe.

My questions are: My vet said they recommend you avoid the area for three years as it could harbor the virus. My mom's vet said six months. Either way, what about the dogs living there or the fact that Princess has been there & would love to return in the future? The vet said the vaccine is not a guarantee any dog can't get it & said since Princess was spayed (Feb.) & sick (June) she's considered compromised. Hopefully her immunity will strengthen in time, but should we really stay away for 3 years? Plus what about what could be on my shoes that's been brought home & the dogs still living in the house? Is there anything that can be done there to reduce exposure to them?

Sorry for so many questions, thought I'd try to get some insight from the pro's at YT while I do my own research & wait to ask the vet more when we go in on Friday.

Thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!