View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #48
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Default Teddy Update

Today my little Teddy was completely back to himself. All of the lumps and bumps are now gone, including the turkey waddle

He was such a sleepyhead this morning though! As the saying goes, you can't get any sleep in the hospital so he was sure conked out.

I do want to say -- in hindsight (which is always 20/20), I should have taken him at the first sign of swelling. I am not one to wait, but it was very hard to tell at first if the bump was localized, and when it didn't worsen, I figured it would be overkill to rush to the ER at 3 AM. I have lived through this once before with Barney, and it was a completely different presentation and very obvious that he needed help. So I was on the fence with Teddy.

I also take this as a reminder to be very observant with our dogs. Had I not looked at Teddy in the face as I was rushing around that morning, I might not have noticed the blown up eyes and redness. It is hard to see these things in a hairy little dog! Thank god I noticed, because I worry about what might have been had I just gone about my day.

I still don't know what bit him - I am thinking an indoor spider? Perhaps a flying insect in the house? I canvassed our bedroom and saw nothing so it's a mystery!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!