View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #25
MissFlora
Yorkie Talker

Lily is spayed. She had all of her shots—everything. We were able to afford her health care, including grooming and vet bills (teeth cleaning, etc.). The main issue of buying a new puppy is the initial cost. I certainly did not mean to convey that I am unable to properly and fully care for her, nor did I mean to scare anyone into thinking I was irresponsible, truly. I'm currently building my career, so the budget is there for her needs, but not to go out and purchase a new puppy or other large money items this year - next year more than likely. That was one reason we agreed to keeping her was because she was given to us, thus we could afford her.

In an interesting turn of events... our friend called her daughter and son-in-law who originally had Lily. The son-in-law has apparently dealt with the breeder before and worked with her son for several years. He was able to talk to her and ask her to seriously evaluate whether or not keeping Lily was going to work with her lifestyle anymore. He called us and spoke with us and was really good. We will have a decision tomorrow. The only hitch is the breeder said she would still like to see her on occasion and meet my sister and I. We are considering the suggestion to ask to purchase her. That would take care of any issues that might arise.

Either way, it will be okay. The whole thing is beyond crazy. But hopefully the time will come when either Lily will be ours or else we will eventually find another Yorkie.

Thank you all for the support. It is truly a distressing situation but so glad I found this forum.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!