View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 03:34 AM   #26
Bitsy's Mom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa and Pic View Post
Just wanted to add one more thing about your question. For Piccolo, it was necessary for her to have a biopsy (in fact she had three in different areas) to diagnose the cutaneous vasculitis.

For us, the first trip to the Vet Dermatologist was expensive, but overall it was less money than the money we spent going to the regular vet each week as he ruled things out for Piccolo. My vet was not very familiar with this disease, so I do think Piccolo was a learning experience for him. Your vet might be the same, and that is why this disease might not have been discussed.

I am sure that the Vet Dermatologist is going to be $$$. We were ready to do the biopsy at the vet anyway which was going to be expensive. My hope is that the Vet Dermatologist might be able to diagnose without the biopsy.

Here is my question....will a biopsy identify cutaneous vasculitis or does it just rule out other things? If it will identify the disease I am fine with doihg it. I am just tired of spending money for tests that all come back negative. It's like hunting for a needle in a haystack.

Also....I think the world of my vet but this has got her stumped. If fact, she is doing research on this so she might already be aware of cutaneous vasculitis at point. I just rather see someone who is familiar with the disease.

Thanks for all the help.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!