View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #9
barbielb
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

When we adopted Tessie a little over 2 years ago- her previous parents said that she had only slept with them in bed. I was very worried about her sleeping in the bed with us because our bed is very high and I was also scared to death that my husband would roll over on top of her

We tried several stairs, stools, etc. I thought the wooden steps with the carpet would work, but she wouldn't use because her toe nails would sometimes make a "clicking" noise on the wood that would scare her

We finally found what would work for Tessie. I have a very small stool that has a wicker bottom and I put a soft hand towel on top of it. Then we have bench with a very soft, cushiony material for her to jump to next. Then, we'll put one of our king size accent pillows diagonal from the bench to the foot of the bed- so she can climb up. Of course, we also have to make sure that the comforter is pulled out just over the wooden foot board - because if Tessie's toe nails touched the wood & made a "clicking" noise- it would scare her to death

So funny how we cater to our furbabies
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!