Thread: Pancreatitis
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #35
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil fu fu girl View Post
Yes, Nancy....... that is exactly what I said. I wish more vets in daily practice would promote a high fiber diet, as stated previously. That was my somewhat failed attempt at being satirical in consideration the average vet does less than 2 semesters in nutritional science; so obviously they are not the best choice it planning a comprehensive diet for a pancreatic challenged pup.

Most physicians in research are academically educated in facets of nutritional science than the "vet down the street". So yes..Nancy, I do wish that they would take the time to educate themselves in Nutritional science.

As for you hoping that they listen to their vets nutritional advice, you go right ahead. I hope they listen to their BCVN first!

I'm not sure why the average vet needs more than two semesters of nutritional science, they can listen to the vets that are "experts" in that area, and two semesters would give them a great foundation for understanding the research. You say, you wish they would listen to the BCVN first, I'm not even sure what that is? I just mean I hope the listen to the vet's advice over some forum poster.

Join today and remove this ad!