View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #10
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplekisses77 View Post
can you breeders and show exhibitors please give me insight on all this and what to do and maybe how to handle all this, I had felt like i did all I was suppose to before i got the dog and now I not so sure and I don't know how to handle this from here out??? and how can i find a good breeder show exhibitor to mentor me?? and what i should do with the puppy I just got we will keep her and love her no matter what but if she does come from the lines i was told she is from should i down the road even consider breeding her?? i don't think she has any issues that can't be fixed and won't effect her off spring that is even from my vet and trainers but I don't want to do anything unethical or wrong from the breeds standpoint... please just help me do the right things I don't want to be having any of these issues if and when I am starting my breed show program....i need help and guidance!! don't be to mean to me it won't be helpful lol and i am honestly wanting to do things right!!!

i want you all to know too i had had my daughter showing in juniors we showed for a breeder to try it out and loved it but yorkies have my heart!!(pugs is what we handled) and i have done rescue or the last 13 years and i also groom and train dogs as well as use dogs for service animals!! so i have some knowledge in how things should be!!!

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/gen...ed-rescue.html

my story is on that forum and i have some photos on my profile please kindly help me do the right things on my end!!
You obtained your little girl from a situation that was not the best to get started. You had been warned prior to obtaining her. What you paid for her is average for a pet quality female, not a show/breeding quality. So, my advice is to spay her and love her.

The purchase price for a show dog is not the bottom line..there is also the cost of having them tested to insure that they are healthy to breed. Being told by the breeder that her lines are good enough to breed just doesn't cut it. Each dog within that pedigree should be researched. No reputable breeder would sell a show dog, especially a female to someone sight unseen.

There is a multitude of information on the net on how to find a mentor, purchase a show dog, etc....let your fingers do the walking. The journey is a tough one. It'll take your desire to learn, listen and put in a lot of time.

One does not buy a show dog over the internet after a few phone calls with a breeder that was picked because of a nice website. Anyone can put up a nice website.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!