View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #1
LisaD
YT Addict

Default Have another flea med question....

Peanut is still fighting allergies. I feel so badly for him. He is HIGHLY allergic to fleas. He is on advantage 2 and he gets a capstar 1x a week. He is bathed in a 5% cortisone shampoo 2x a week.
Our vet said that he would recommend Comfortis, but, Peanut only weighs 4.70 pounds. The start dose weight is 5 pounds. He can't put him on it without telling me that their might be some risk, even tho he is really close to five pounds. The advantage 2 is working, but, with his baths; I feel and the vet does as well, that it is weakening the strength of the flea med. He said that Advantage is one of the least waterproof... So, would you chance it with the comfortis??? Keep on doing what I am doing??? I know it is ultimately my decision, but, just wanted some other opinions on this. The vet said that more than likely there would be no problem. Do I take that chance???? What to do, what to do???
This flea mess is driving me nuts. We have never had bugs like this before. Our yards are sprayed and granuled, everything we can think of, I do. I wash his beds 2x a week. I am at a loss.....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!