View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #14
Tina21
Donating YT Addict

Congrats on your new puppy he is SO cute I am sure that you are going to just love having a Yorkie in the house as they are just wonderful little guys

I too would recommend that you not give your little one rawhide. My girl was given rawhide before I realized that there can be some dental issues with Yorkies. I have actually just made arrangements for her to have her teeth cleaned as there are two areas that I found with very hard "chunks" in her back teeth. The vet also believes as I do that these are from rawhide bones. Even with brushing her teeth every second day I still missed these somehow and its costly to have teeth cleaned professionally

One of the biggest health concerns with Yorkies is dental health. I would also suggest that you get your little one used to having his teeth brushed. I use special gloves with brush like finger tips and a dense enzyme paste which is a little pricey but works very well.

I agree the Nylabones are great and they dont break apart. I just joined YT myself and this is a fantastic place to get advice and learn all about your little guy. The folks here are terrific and super helpful
Tina21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!