View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #38
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
JMO.
I'd feed NB, but I'd sooner choose something else. I have a soft spot for the company for whatever reason. They seem to have quality control covered. Dogs aren't dying on the food. But they don't have a veterinary nutritionist on staff and they don't seem to do any feeding trials? Why?

Anyway, 16% fat and 28% protein is fine for a healthy Yorkie, IMO. But these are minimums and sometimes cmaller companies have issues with food consistency. So I'd want to know what the maximum percentages are. If this is much beyong 19-20% fat or 30% protein max, I wouldn't be thrilled. And it's full of meat, so full of phosphorous. Your call on whether that is good or not... I wouldn't freak out over feding it, but I also wouldn't choose to feed it. Really comes down to your feelings on ideal protein and fat % and the trust of the company that you do or don't have...

Thanks so much. I have tried so many other foods and my dogs do well on it for a little while then problems start to arise, like stomach issues..vomiting, diareah, gas, low energy, exteme eye tearing, itching and the list goes on. SD is the only brand of food that all my dogs have seem to be able to tolerate but because of their bad rep. I have stayed away from them. I should of just listen to my dogs.. As far as protien and fat goes I have to stay low..I have two dogs, (sheltie and my yorkie mix) that cant have anything over 28 percent so I was pushing the limit with this food. They all are doing well so far but Im pretty sure after this bag Im going back to SD.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!