View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
MiaW
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Unlove Tinkerbell's Necropsy

Hey all - I just wanted to let you guys know that last night (two weeks to the day) the Dr. called and gave me the preliminary verbal reports of Tinkerbell's necropsy. She said Tinkerbell died of brain swelling! She said Tink had fluid in the brain, that it was bigger than normal and flattened. The Dr. couldn't tell or explain why or how this happened, but offered several possibilities, to include heart problems or metabollic disturbance. She said it was absolutely not low blood sugar, as there were no indications of any liver changes. The Dr. was wonderful, spent about 30 minutes with me on the phone and really tried hard to make me feel better. I am so heartbroken - wondering if my baby suffered prior to her death.

I did call the breeder and told her the results and she was so sad for me and said she was so sorry that I had to go through that. She said Tink showed no signs of any illness during the time she was with her. She also said that breeders dream of "parents" like me and that Tinkerbell had the best 10 days of her life with me. Those words were so soothing and comforting, but I still cried a river. The breeder said she knew I wasn't ready right now, but that when I was ready, she would email me pics of a beautiful new baby girl who was waiting for me to start a wonderful life! I'm really confused because I know Tinkerbell can't ever be replaced. I don't know how I will feel with a new baby. Right now I'm not ready. But I do know that when the time comes, I am flying from NJ to Missouri to pick her up and not have her endure such a long flight and layover by herself.

Mia
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!