View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #7
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

I don't know what you tell you really. I think Yorkies either like (or are willing to tolerate) small children or they're not. Whatever their personality is. One of mine absolutely hates small children, two of them like kids, and one is very stand-offish - curious but not willing to engage with a small child right away. And that's their personalities. The 'hater' isn't that tolerant of any 'new' people coming into her 'space',(she did learn what a muzzle was and most of the time we just say: "you want the muzzle? Be nice") but we are always on guard, lest she nip a exuberant child --- the two child lovers - simply love everyone, and the stand-offish one is just one of those 'fraidy-cats' types, shy and needs to make friends on her terms (it's embarrassing at times...she acts like she's been beat or something and she's our smallest and has been pampered and packed from day one - no reason to act so skiddish).

I suppose introduce them slowly, similar to bringing in a new "pet" --- make sure your dog is given lots of attention, so they don't have a reason to be jealous.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!