View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
blazntigz
Yorkie Talker

Default Woes of being a first time pet owner.

So my little gizmo is finally back to perfect health, after dealing with kennel cough, yeast in the ears, and parasites in his stool I'm exhausted! The little guy loves to play but has too much energy for me.
I am having some problems training him as my girlfriend and I have 2 different views on training. I go with my way and she goes with hers. As for how he is learning is completely up in the air. When we call him he look but doesn't really care for us if he's playing by himself. He LIKES to BITE!! this is a huge problem for my girlfriend because she flinches at anything, if he nips or scratches her I'm afraid she's going to drop him, she has but not from high ground...I hope never for that. She almost did one time but i caught him and he was ok. For me it's not a problem his bite inhibition is decent, doesn't hurt me, but for a girl it's a different story.
As for house breaking he's a mess but I still love the little guy. We have him in a crate but I think it's too small so I'm going to buy a xpen and keep the crate as his designated potty area. At the moment he does not pee or poop on the pad 50% of the time, which is a total crapshoot. He likes to fold the pad up and pee and poop on the wrong side or just straight onto the padding of the crate. Lately he's been eating his poop and getting it all over himself, he has schedule baths every other day so he can come out and play. And even when he's out he'll poop and pee on the carpet, even when we pick him up he'll just keep doing his business. I'm losing my mind but his cute little face makes everything ok. I need some advice, suggestions and/or tips. Might have to shell out for a trainer soon, might as well spent 1000+ on vet and med bills what's another few hundred to make
him good. Thanks in advance.
blazntigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!