View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #9
kpstoybox
Do you like Parti's?"
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Ford View Post
The only way to vouch for a breeder is to research them, talk to them, visit them and be as informed as possible. Just because they belong to a club is no assurance they are a good breeder. If you are looking for a show dog, go to dog shows, ask questions, listen to what people say about different breeders. Are you thinking about breeding dogs ? If you are, really do your homework, and ask why am I doing this ? Be honest with yourself too. You will probably not make a profit for years and maybe never. Not to long ago, I went to visit breeders listed with AKC and YTCA, when I was looking for a male puppy. Some were great, some good and some not so good.
Not all good breeders have professional kennels, some just have their own beautiful healthy Yorkies that live in their home. You will hear a lot of bad things on here, about Back Yard Breeders who breed for just for profit. So just learn as much as you can and keep looking. Go visit, check references, and be realistic about what you want, can afford, and how much time you have to share with a dog.
Wonderful advice!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!