View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
My lil friend
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

This is an open forum and everyone is free to give their opinion when a thread is started. Obviously, you were looking for opinions regarding your dog otherwise you would not have looked for help via the internet search engine and arrived here. You typed out your post and after you hit send everyone is free to comment and give their knowledge to help the situation at hand. This is how a forum works.

While I do agree with you about an open forum and people giving their opinions. I dont agree that the advise should always be taken. The poster should take to heart and weigh what is right for their situation,because ultimately the responsibility of care lies with the owner.

My understanding of what the OP is saying is that some members seem to be offended if given advice isnt taken. Years of experience do count for alot,but being on the scene and being able to see what is happening also counts for alot.

I read the thread that you were referring to and believe the comments made about chiropractors and the use of alternative medicine were quite unkind. I personally had not ever thought to use a chiropractor for one of my dogs. I personally do not have a chiropractor,but understand that there are people that find them helpful.

To sum up what I personally believe that the OP is trying to say is that there needs to be respect among the members wheather you just arrived or have been here a long time. I think a little proof reading before hitting send and a softening of wording would go a long way with everyone. Not just one or two members in particular.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!