View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aproctor View Post
I had asked for help, SUPPORT, and ADVICE and when I posted what I was told by my vet I was basically told in so many words that I was a bad mother because I didn't chose exploratory surgery even though my vet did not suggest that was the best option.
Some chose not to read the full comment I posted or they read it wrong and this was not the first time this happened. It happened on my very first posting as well. People give advice but if you don't chose to do what they want they go after you.
I have just read a thread that you have been posting in and I do not agree with that either. If someone suggests something you don't agree with it is not up to you to belittle what they believe in. Everything has a right to their opinion and when people are harassed and bullied because of their beliefs that is wrong!

In general I believe there should be a general respect for EVERYONE and people should not be ganged up on because of how or what they believe in.
So now I am a target of your little campaign? Are you talking about the member who suggested Chiropractic care for a neck injury? I'm sorry but I have every right to voice my concern when someone suggest a treatment route that could be dangerous.

In the past 3 days I have made several HUNDRED posts and ONE POST that I made you are going to point out that YOU didn't like what I said and feel the need to bring this up

You came to YorkieTalk looking for help. When very knowledgable members gave you sound advice your thanks is to turn on them and make a thread like this one

This is an open forum and everyone is free to give their opinion when a thread is started. Obviously, you were looking for opinions regarding your dog otherwise you would not have looked for help via the internet search engine and arrived here. You typed out your post and after you hit send everyone is free to comment and give their knowledge to help the situation at hand. This is how a forum works.

If I were in your situation, I sure would take the advice of the member who have many years of personal experience dealing with sick dogs, providing the best treatment from highly qualified vet VS vet quackery from misread internet Google searches.

When someone is giving secret medical counsel via PMs how do you know if what they are suggesting is correct? If you had a vast array of veterinary knowledge you would not have been searching on line for help and would have been able to assess your dogs situation without assistance from the YT community.

Furthermore, those that are not willing to speak in the open forum should be under greater suspect. There must be a reason for this and it is not because of bullying. I suspect is it general lack a solid foundation of what they are speaking via PMs and they do not want to be called out on what they are lacking by those who can stand behind what they speak.

I will not engage with you further regarding this issue. If you do not like what has been said to you in your thread and would prefer the advice given from behind the scenes PMs then why don't you just close your thread and take your discussion private.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!