View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Sgt_Cooper
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Need Help With Marking Territory! He wont stop!

Hello again, been a long time since Ivd visited YT.

My Yorkie will be 2 in Aug. My Yorkie was Neutered around 6 months give or take a month or so. That took care of the humping, he only does that now when he play fights and wrestles w the other dog, as a dominance thing Im sure. But my problem is he still marks and never quit, even after being neutered. Talked to the vet about it and he said he shouldnt really do that after he was fixed. Asked me when he started, which was when i brought our 2nd dog home which was before he was fixed. Vet said it was a learned behavior and if he doesnt stop soon he will always do it. He suggested crate trainning again. Problem is, he's potty trained and did pretty easily. He uses the pads and pees and poos, he just still marks. Its always at an object. A toy, by the kitchen garbage can, at the corners of couches or chairs. I almost never catch him in the act to scold him. Just dont know what to do. I dont mind crate trainning for potty trainning, but now he runs free day and night and does well w it. If I start crateing again, he'll drive us crazy whinning and now it seems mean after he's been free for so long. But I dont know what else to do. Thank Goodness I dont have carpet so it wipes up easy since we have the laminate floors. BUT, its beginning to damage it in places. Just not sure what to do. Like I said he's potty trained on the pads and uses them regulaly, he just marks too. I cant part w him, but we cant let him do this for ever.... Help? :O)

Last edited by Sgt_Cooper; 07-23-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Sgt_Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!