View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
lilymanson
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Dogs of the leash

Just wondred if people let there dogs of the leash when out walking? We never or rarely let ours of only if we are up in a deserted field as i beleive you never can know another dogs history. We have 3 furbabies Jasmine who is 3 and 60lbs Lily who is about 18months and 11lbs and Logan who is 12weeks and 3lbs and they are all great well behaved babies but how do i know every other dog down the park is

Jasmine was bitten by a small dog when she was 6months old. Jasmine was on her leash this other dog was not and charged over to her and bit her but because jasmine is a lab and this was a little dog the owner thought this was okay even though it had drawn blood i bet if it had been the other way around she would have been demanding jasmine be euthanised anyway since this we have been working with jasmine on fear issues she has when other dogs are around that she dosnt know she is fine if they are in her garden or in her house but gets scared and barks/growls/cries if she sees other dogs when we are out She is getting a lot better with training but i just wish people would keep better control of their dogs instead of letting them charge around of the leash. It also shouldnt matter if your dog is little or large biting other dogs or people shouldnt be brushed of as it does effct that other animal as 2 and a half years later we are only just starting to get jasmine out walking without any issues.

I love my little dogs lots and lots but i dont understand little dog owners who are quick to critisize a big dog who is a biter or barker but brush of their own dog who is runing around biting just because the physical damage they can do is less rant over.
yvonne
xx
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!