View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #16
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
There seems to be some who are quite unkind about cross breeds. I hate to tell you but every purebred dog there is came from a cross breed of some sort.
I believe there are some on YT that own Morkies and Shorkies as well as other cross breeds. Not everyone can buy from a person who breeds show dogs. That does not exclude them from being good owners. It's unfortunate that those who don't accept that Morkies are quite popular can't just say nothing.
You're completely missing the point. Any breeder who would purposely breed mixed breed dogs are just doing it for the money. Many unscrupulous breeders charge much more than buying a dog from a reputable show breeder anyway, so that is not a valid arguement as to why mixed breed dogs are ok to purchase.

That being said, I never said I looked down upon or bashed anyone having a mixed breed dog, and notice I never called them mutts, as many other people do. If you want a morkie or any other mixed breed dog, adopt one, don't purchase one. Purchasing one from a breeder who breeds them, you are just supporting them exploiting their animals for money.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!