View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Default Mayo vs Miracle Whip, what kind of gal are you?

Ok, so yes I am THIS lame. Please let me know why you love or hate mayo. I really can't understand why people hate it. Please enlighten me.

This was my post from the chicken salad sandwich thread (I took the liberty of correcting some typos):
Quote:
I also hate Miracle Whip or low fat mayo. I have a question for the mayo haters, well maybe that's too harsh. I have a question for the mayo shunners LOL. What is it that you don't care for in mayo that you find more appealing in Miracle Whip? Is it bc we are hard programmed to know mayo is fattening and bad for us so you make yourself think you hate it and love a lesser naughty alternative? Mayo is actually very good and you can't have a delicious aioli without mayo, which is a simple egg yolk and oil emulsion. Is it the "raw" egg yolk that turns you off? There are plenty of sauces that are basically yolk and oil emulsions, mayo type sauces. Do you not care for those either?

Better question yet. Have you tried Best Foods aka Hellmans mayo? It is the best in the world. Even my foodie goddess Melinda Lee says so.

Sorry to get so worked up, but I just LOVE mayo! I also don't get how people like white meat more than dark. It's just so dry compared to dark! Do people shun dark bc it's supposedly worse for you? And the skin! The skin is the best! You people throw this stuff away??? Craziness!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!