View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #31
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvTaycieGirl View Post
Thank you. I hope so too. She does seem slightly better.. Keeping our paws crossed Ok.. glad I asked.. I won't do pedialyte.

As far as what he thinks caused this, the vet thinks its a bug. He didn't tell to me run bloodwork.. I did tell him however.. that we just did blood work about 3 weeks ago and everything came back normal. My reg. vet told me, her kidney levels looked great.. she even said, You have one healthy dog.

While I was there I did ask about Pancreatitis. He didn't think she had it. He said when I am feeling in her stomach most dogs would either tense up or even cry in pain. Taycie did not do this at all. And he said, there usually is alot more vomit. Taycie only threw up once and that was on our way home from the vet. She did try however on our way but nothing came out.
Not all dogs present the same way with pancreatitis. My Barney has had two life threatening acute bouts of pancreatitis...The first event required 4 days of hospitalization on IV meds and it was very touch and go. The second time we were able to do meds and subcutaneous fluids at home. Neither time did he have any diarrhea or vomiting. He also was not painful or hunched at the exam. He simply had no appetite and would not eat. He seemed "off" and I brought him in. Blood work usually shows elevated lipase and amylase but not always. There may be elevations of white blood cells and there could be a fever. I also think Barney's liver enzymes were off during those incidents. Blood work three weeks ago being great would not necessarily indicate that blood work last night would be but it is certainly good to be starting with a good knowledge base of where your dog's organs are functioning when something like this happens.

Keep us updated!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!