Thread: Pet Passport?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmamma View Post
I don't know anything about a pet passport, sorry....but I would be interested to hear the answer.

I know flying domestically here all I need are current vaccination records and a health certificate less than 30 days old.
depending on where you go, the health certificate is your pet passport. If you travel out of the country like Mr Kaji did a few weeks ago, his passport consisted of the health certificate, neuter certificate, and rabies certificate. Apparently, we don't get nifty rabies tags in Cali. As far as I know, that is what is needed if you go to Mexico. And it's $80 for a certificate only valid for 30 days. And the rule is you have to get the certificate 2-3 days before the flight, and you have 30 days from the date it was issued to get your tail back home.

Furbutt- try googling (name of airline) pet policy. There is usually a number or something you can call to find out concrete information. If you do call, ask if they can email you their pet policy that they just explained to you over the phone. Almost 2 years ago, the airline I used conveniently changed their pet policy from the time I reserved Kaji's seat to when I was physically checking in. It ended up being $20 more each way. I wish I had something in writing to hold them to.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!