View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #9
Raisingirl
Yorkie Yakker

I agree with you that people should not be looked down upon because of wanting a small dog. That is one of the reasons we got Raisin because we fell in love with our friend's yorkie. We also thought she would fit better in our townhouse than a larger dog would. However, as I began more and more research I thought about all the possible health complications of a smaller yorkie - and just as my own preference, I don't want to constantly worry about having such a delicate and fragile pup. I want her to grow up and be able to be rambuctious and adventurous, and I will still worry but maybe not as much as if she stays under 5 lbs. When we were first looking, I was like, I want a tiny they are so cute, but then I realized just how tiny they are even when they are within the standard of 5-7 lbs. So at this point I don't really care how big she gets, I just want her to be healthy.

And I do think the debate is not about whether or not you want a small dog, but if you take advantage of that privilege and breed a small dog to ensure even smaller dogs, that is what is not right.
Raisingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!