View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #15
butchpoodle
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Poor babies! And poor you!! I would agree that the breeder should be inspected, but I doubt that will amount to anything.

I fostered a poodle pup four years ago that came from a puppy store bust and all the pups had been potentially exposed to parvo and sarcoptic mange (the contagious type, and what your guys have). He looked horrible by the end of treatment, his hair had fallen out so much - so be ready for that! - but he's absolutely fine and happy in his home and life now.

One of our poodles got it - the one who played with him got punished for his kind acts!

Meanwhile, I would advise as others have that once they're through this you use a gentle dog shampoo. I use Novapearls on my gang.

And the one thing I haven't seen addressed is the food allergen possibilities. Chicken and beef are the most common protein allergens for dogs, and gluten may be an issue for a lot of dogs. I would look for a food that uses no chicken or beef products and consider a gluten free food as well. I cook for mine so I can't recommend one.

They'll recover, the poor little things!!
butchpoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!