View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
Taryn0405
Owned by a Gremlin
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozels View Post
Thanks Taryn0405 I will do that. What should I expect as far as recovery goes? He is 6months old and right at 7lbs. Will he just want to sleep and for sleeping currently he sleeps in bed with us or with our daughter (she is 3) is that still ok the first night home. I wont let him sleep with her (she moves around) but is it ok for him to sleep with us? Will he come home with pain meds or no? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the help.

Gizmo was actually just neutered two weeks ago yesterday. And the first night home he was really groggy. He was still happy to see me come home and see my hsuband, but basically we bought him a big fluffy bed from Target (it was on sale hint hint hehe!) and he slept on that. Night time, he sleeps with us, so instead of having him at the foot of the bed, I pulled him in between us and he just cuddled. He was basically back to his boucey self the next day. But I did give him the pain meds as described. I'm not going to lie, the vet wanted us to keep him "down for 10-14 days" but there was no way I was going to keep him penned in a crate when we were home, he would have been way too anxiety ridden so we just used caution. Made sure he didn't go on stairs, put on our kid gloves and played gently, and got alot of bulley sticks for him to chew on!

I would be cautious with the 3 year old, especially when he comes home on Monday. Simply because she'll be happy to see him and he'll want to be able to play and that's a no-no the first day.
By the way, Gizmo weighed in at 4.7 lbs and did fine!! So, we'll be thinking and praying for your baby!

Cuddles and licks from Gizmo!
Taryn0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!