View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #14
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayer5 View Post
hi
thanks for ur feedback it was helpful. how old are your yorkies? right now rudy got neutered yesterday so they will stay separate for a while. They are separate for the most part b/c of training isssuess and rudy just bothering myles. I want Rudy trained before he goes free in the house. What I was doing was allowing about 10 minutes for them to play together well it is a barking fest actually but it was cute I think Myles actually liked it his tail wags but than he gets scared b/c his teeth are sooo bad if Rudy goes towards his face he gets all upset. It was sad for me to see him like that. But I will continue once Rudy's 10 days of rest are up!

Thanks again
I am happy to know they may be friends soon.
Denise
My babies are~ Bella baby, she will be 3 yrs old Aug 24th...Harley Davidson our little man is 9 mos old, he will be 1 yr Sept 19th...Ivy Lou is our newest member of the family, We just got her 5 weeks ago...she also is 9 mos old, she will be 1 Sept 7th.

Like I said in my above post...of course after Rudys recovery...you really need to let them work out their issues with one another by letting them interact together, with you playing with them and letting them play together without help from you but watching them closely, if they get into a HUGE fight of course stop it...but if your older yorkie is just showing teeth and growling or even nips at the pup let them be...your older Yorkie is teaching the pup that behavior is unacceptable and the pup will learn what he can get away with and what he can't...Your older yorkie will be your best train tool for your pup...as far as behavior, trick training, potty training..they feed off one another...I know Bella was a HUGE help in training Harley.

Potty training is a 24/7 job that never ends, not even when you think they are fully trained....How does your older yorkie let you know he has to potty? when your older yorkie lets you know he has to potty take Rudy too...and as your going outside say to Rudy...lets go outside to potty in a happy very exciting voice...once your outside tell him go potty and keep saying it until he does..than throw a potty party with a treat for a reward..tell him what a good boy he is and that your happy he pottied outside..yorkies love to please you, once he see how happy and pleased you are with that behavior, he will continue to do it just so he can get that happy attention from you . I say go potty for peepee and hurry up for poop when I know its time for their poop...mine poop in the morning and again around 4pm, so get to know his schedule, thats important.

I think I seen in one of your post, you crate trained him but is having accidents in the night? do you leave the door of the crate open or is it closed when he is having the night time accidents? If you are leaving the door open of course he is going to leave the crate and potty, the answer to that is close the door so he can't get out!...at 6 mos old they can't hold it any longer than 4 - 5 hours tops...and if you sleep longer than that you need to get up in the middle of the night and let him out to potty...if you don't wanna do that than I suggest getting a play yard to confine him in at night, when you can't watch him at all times or when your gone...play yards are big enought that you can put a bed on one side and a potty pad on the other side...that gives you the freedom to sleep in with no worries of an accident to clean up...its a win win suggestion.

Some yorkies are easier to train than others...Bella was over a year old before she got full run of the house not so much cause of potty accidents but she was a chewer BIG TIME LOL...Harley got full run of the house at 6 mos but I still confine him and Ivy when I know I'm gonna be gone from home longer than 4 hours...I would take your little man out every 2 hours, after eating/drinking, after playing...and the first thing you do when getting up in the morning...take him out...I take mine out before I even potty myself...I stand out there doing the potty dance thinking hurry up...lol but I know they have to go first.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!