View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #67
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I'm so glad that you were able to induce and recover the drug. When in doubt, call the ASPCA poison or go directly to an ER vet. Minutes can make the difference. I've also induced with that dosage of hydrogen peroxide but only at the direction of a vet or the ASPCA vet toxicologists. Other times I have had to bring my dog in to an ER vet for them to induce vomiting with apomorphine in the eyes. I also do not take any advice from the people answering the phone. I need a vet on the line or I don't take their advice.

I hope Jackson and you have an uneventful day filled with all things happy and healthy!
Thanks for your help!

I gave him only 1tsp of hydrogen peroxide... that wasn't too much, right?
I miswrote it in my one post when I put tablespoon, lol.

I would have been the 1st rushing to the ER if they had told me to... they did not seem overly concerned. She put me on hold both times to ask the vet but I agree, I would have felt more confident speaking to an actual vet. I have learned my lesson!! I will never give him any kind of drug without consulting a professional first! Whew!

Hopefully we will do some swimming today (Jax's favorite thing in the world) and he will be back to normal in no time!

Last edited by Britster; 06-23-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!