View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #46
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Gosh I will never again give meds w/o consulting a vet. I learned my lesson! I was in such a frazzle, I hated seeing watching him freak out and in pain, gnawing at his foot, and rubbing it against the carpet, and all I remembered was Benadryl from when Lily got stung! I had no idea the others were unsafe, I am so stupid! I should have not given him anything as the sting pain probably would have went away on it's own... was just trying to help him get some relief! Whew! My first big mistake w/ him and I am stressing! I don't think I would have been able to sleep had I not induced vomiting so I'm glad I did it. I could not see the pill but like I said it was a lot of food and a few bits of cheese that I had given him... and the vet said not to worry if you don't see the pill, so I am thinking this is a good thing. He is acting normal now, just laying around like we do before bed, so I am going to try to get him in my bedroom like normal and get some sleep though I will be awake for a bit keeping an eye on him!

You guys are amazing, thank you so much for your help!

And Bo, yes, I called Annapolis ER. I am so thankful they are so generous and nice to give out the info for free, I'd like to send them a card or something thanking them, does that sound ridiculous? I just don't know what I'd do with an ER close by and a great YT friends!
Just glad to hear that Jackson is doing better! They are amazing there and very compassionate and caring. I highly recommend them for any type of procedures. That is where I had to take my cat and Hot Rod had his surgery there. They do have photo albums in the waiting room with cards and pictures of patients.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!