View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #1
MamaZiggy
YT 1000 Club Member

Cry Please pray for Ziggy

Hi guys

On thursday I just got my new 8 week old yorkie puppy (i live in south africa and this is the age most/all breeders let their babies leave). i did a lot of research before getting him. found a good breeder. went to her house, saw the other puppies, mom and dad. on thursday and friday he was fine, energetic and eating well. then my friend visited with her 10 week old yorkie, and my baby Ziggy stopped eating. I gave him sugar water, shredded plain chicken breast and tried mince (i didn't change his food, just added the mince at the recommendation of my breeder). Ziggy did not get better so i had to take action.

I just came back from the emergency vet. they said he has worms which has caused him to vomite and stop eating and lowered his blood sugar. they are keeping him over night and have him on an IV drip. i am so scared, i havent stopped crying.

The breeder keeps calling and has said I could bring Ziggy back to her house for a few days, or as long as it takes to get him healthy again as this may have been caused/aggrivated by him leaving his home then having visitors. He is up to date with his deworming and had his first round of shots. I took him to the vet 24hrs after i got him (after i read on here that its best to do that) and we got a clean bill of health.

I would like to find out if any of you have had the same expeience and if your baby's pulled through? Im so scared of losing him. I keep praying he will be fine. But its so hard not having him here. Waiting 24hrs to see him seems like more than i can bare..

Please share any similar experience you may have had and the outcome..

Thank you
MamaZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!