View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #10
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Which ones have you tried?

My favorite was Chlorhexiderm, but the company is less than stellar.

EpiOtic should work well. I hate the smell.

NolvaClens may also work.

Some here use Vet Solutions.

Ellie's ears smell weird too. I've come to like it though. lol. The cleaners probably don't work because it's just covering up the smell. I don't think you'll find one that does. I wonder if there is a small amount of yeast in there that they just can't see. Ellie almost always has a little bit. I've heard that a very small amount of yeast in the ears can be normal (but not on the skin). Have they ever swabbed and looked at it under the microscope?

You might get their okay to try something like Zymox for a week or two and see how it works.
I see a few different types of Zymox are available. I used the plain cleanser, but they also have ear treatments - one with hydrocortisone and one without. If she does have a bit of yeast then she needs the one without hydrocortison, right?
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!